November 17, 2012

the weekend i decided to go healthy!

Nyaks! What a nice title, but in reality, it was difficult. And I am not so sure if I can keep doing this.

Saturdays and Sundays are the only time I got to prepare my own food <especially if budget is dwindling and I am stuck at home>.

Two weekends ago, I was in such situation, so I did the cooking......this time, nag effort.....

First thing in order, as much as I want to go organic all the way, my vege choices are seldom grown organic in this part of the PH. And besides, organic food are pricey.

I got my veges from Robinsons Galleria. They have great choices of vegetables, both organic and regular ones. They carry several suppliers of organic vegetables, but I like the one from the Organicus. My next go-to for my vege needs is the "talipapa" near my place.It does not run out of local vegetables too and I can buy there in small quantities or "tingi"...

 Saturday Menu:



ampalaya, tomatoes and onions


no meat this weekend also,but eggs is in my recipe/menu, so spare me....



a quick kitchen art...before the real stuff......




and this is the ending.....ginisang amplaya....



this is for the merienda..the yellow variety of camote is really the best,,,,

Sunday Menu


spinach....don't  fret about the price....a friend gave it to me...





steamed spinach topped with onions and tomatoes...how I wish I know the Korean way of doing this. Theirs taste a lot better....cheaper alternatives are kamote tops/ampalaya leaves.


I am a vege lover (more than fruit), but I just wish I got the drive to do all the slicing....hehehe....I am  sooo lazy doing prep.....anyhow...wish me a whole lotta luck....







No comments: